Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Save the Date!

Dignity Twin Cities
and the
Catholic Pastoral Committee on Sexual Minorities
invite you to . . .


A Catholic Mass in Celebration

of Our LGBT Brothers & Sisters



Thursday, June 24, 2010
7:00 p.m.
(social hour with dessert and coffee to follow)

The House of the Beloved Disciple
4001 38th Ave. S., Minneapolis
(Minnehaha/Spirit of the Lakes UCC)


Yahweh called me when I was in the womb,
Before my birth he had pronounced my name.
. . . I shall be honored in Yahweh’s eyes,
and my God has been my strength
.

– Isaiah 49: 1, 6.

______________________________________


At 8:30 p.m., Northfield writer R.W. “Obie” Holmen will discuss and read from A Wretched Man: A Novel of the Apostle Paul, his compelling and controversial book that offers a gay perspective on Paul.

A Wretched Man is a stunning fictional account of the early church that reads like real-life. While a work of fiction, this just may be the most authentically historical novel ever written about the lives of the apostles.

– Rev. Jeffrey Bütz
Adjunct Professor of Religious Studies and Philosophy
Pennsylvania State University

No comments:

Post a Comment